The growing season in the south of the US, result in the lands having to survive under the tropical regions and tropical condition.
This makes lawn maintenance a very important and vital thing to be done in the southern yards of the USA. The lawns in these conditions are harder to maintain because of the irregular array of growth but are also essential to be kept in check otherwise the worst kind of things occur and result in damage to the person's house.
SPRING AND THE BEAUTY
Spring is one of the most beautiful times of the year when you think about it. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and the insects are having the time of their lives.
American citizens are interested in Yard maintenance and land care and spend a large amount of money in landscaping each month. This adds up to $6.4 billion a month in costs.
TIPS AND TRICKS OF LAWN CARE
Proper landscaping can be a highly tricky thing to go completely on their own without any prior knowledge. Hence, it is told that it was impossible for the landscapers to properly take care of the lawn if the people were non-serious as well as if the people were completely new. However, there are a few universal tricks and tips when it comes to lawn maintenance:
1. Start by cleaning your lawn. For people living in the south, the rains become a serious issue when the winters end and spring begins. During that time, the rain makes it difficult for landscaper and makes them lose their minds trying to figure out a way that would allow them to enjoy the rains and keep the lawn impeccable at the same time. For this reason, it is advised to keep trimming the lawn after regular intervals no matter what. It is best to not allow grass or weeds to take over. Moreover, when you trim and keep the lawn clean, the lawn care that you are giving to the greenery and the undergrowth makes them grow at a much faster and healthier rate. Therefore, this tip is extremely important when it comes to maintaining a well kept lawn.
2. Planting grasses in the spring. It is extremely common to deal with brown spots and bald spots in gardens when it comes to lawn services and yard care. Due to the winter weather, it is common for quite some of the grass to have died, and therefore, the next step is the plantation of new grasses. The sprouting of new grasses due to the bald spot will probably result in the landscapes looking much better in general when it has a fresh carpet of lush, full green grass.
One of the most important steps while planting seeds for the sprouting of grasses is to make sure that the soil is properly aerated and properly nourished. This can be done by making sure that the soil you are using is either new or getting the soil tested to see what nutrients it lacks and what supplements it needs to be given to make sure that the soil is properly primed for the growth of new grass.
Another important step in this regard is the choice of the seeds of the grasses. Good quality seeds will yield better grasses that are much more resisting to environmental stresses.
3. Making sure that the lawn is weed free. Weeds are unnecessary plants, which are not only unhealthy for the green plants growing in the vicinity but are also highly unappealing. These plants can leach the nutrition off the grasses and actual plants living in the environment and because of this reason, if a weed-grown nearby a grassy land, the grasses wilt or die because of the leaching effect of the weed plants.
In order to ensure proper lawn maintenance, it is essential that a person pulls away all of the weeds before planting in new seeds and growing fresh grasses. If the weeds are still there, the new grasses will not grow to their full potential.
4. Fertilizing of the grasses in this season. When the weeds have been clear, and your seeds have been planted, the grass growth can be encouraged, and the weed growth can be greatly discouraged by using herbicides and fertilizers. However, one should make sure not to use too much fertilizer or too much of a heavy duty herbicide because this can result in the damaging of the grasses rather than the healthy growth of grasses.
5. Mow the lawn in the spring. The sound of a lawn mower is one of the most common sounds of spring in the south of the USA. There are important tips when it comes to mowing grasses. Some people mow the grass really short in order to save time, and this results in the damage of the grasses in the long run, and hence, it is more bad than good. However, using a proper speed and frequency of the mower helps to make sure that the lawn is properly being kept.
The people of southern USA pride themselves greatly in the maintenance of their lawns and make sure that nothing is out of place. Following the above tips can help you in keeping the maintenance of your lawn and yard in check. Drop down your own personal yard care tips as well!